sábado, 28 de febrero de 2015

I’m finally getting vaccinated. But not because of your shaming

My liberal, new-age parents decided not to vaccinate me when I was a child. I’ve been judged a public health risk all my life for a decision I didn’t make


For the past 23 years, I’ve closely guarded an embarrassing secret: I was not vaccinated.


In my younger years, the fact that I was unvaccinated never registered as an issue. I didn’t understand the public health implications of vaccines and, even more, I didn’t understand how unorthodox it was for my parents to have chosen not to vaccinate me. Like any kid, I just wanted to fit in; so when kids in my class talked about their yearly flu shots, I would simply nod along, pretending I understood their annual agony.


Continue reading…

Parents and parenting | The Guardian


The post I’m finally getting vaccinated. But not because of your shaming appeared first on Journey Parenting.






from WordPress http://ift.tt/1Dl8fqS

via IFTTT

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario